Dental Sterilization and Infection ControlOverland Park dentists, Dr. Robert Biggs and Dr. Sharon Biggs, follow rigorous protocols developed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), Kansas Dental Board and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in infection control and sterilization procedures to insure the safety of their patients and staff.
Standard Infection Control
- Wearing of surgical scrubs, gloves, face masks and protective glasses.
- Proper handwashing practices between every patient.
- Changing gloves between each patient and during treatment if necessary.
- Chemical disinfection of all counter tops, dental chair, instrument tray, light handle and treatment room surfaces.
- Chemical Heat sterilization of all instruments able to tolerate heat exposure.
- Chemical disinfection of any items not able to tolerate heat exposure with approved antimicrobial chemicals.
- Use of disposable needles, scalpels, suction tips and barriers where possible.
All of our staff members take infection control practices very seriously not only to insure the safety of our patients but ourselves as well. You deserve to know the measures we take to protect you in our office and we encourage any questions you may have about our practices.
We demonstrate our practice's commitment to providing our patients with the highest quality dental care and service by our actions, not our words.